THE LIBRARY IS OPEN FOR BROWSING & BORROWING BY APPOINTMENT.
Please call the library (453-2366) or email email@example.com to schedule a 45 minute appointment to browse upstairs and/or downstairs. We are practicing strict sanitation of surfaces, doorknobs and books.
Please take a moment to review the new policies for patrons:
- Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required at ALL times for patrons and staff. Masks are available at the library, if needed. Please stay 6 feet from others.
- Please knock on the front door when you arrive.
- Please return books in the front hallway to the correct box for the day of your visit OR to the return box outside the library. Do NOT return books to circulation staff.
- Please sanitize your hands before entering the building and upon exiting.
- Please leave on the floor any books you took off the shelf but did not check out. Staff will sanitize and reshelve the books.
- Computers and a printer are available. Bathrooms are for emergency use only.
- Please keep your visit to 45 minutes or less.
- Children ages 9-11 may browse & borrow books, by appointment and with an adult. Babes in arms are okay.
- Children 12 and up may browse & borrow books, by appointment and without an adult.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory illness or have been exposed to anyone who is ill. We will gladly do curbside checkout for you.
To reserve items for curbside pick up:
- Go to our online catalog at https://bristol.kohavt.org/
- Sign into your account. If you don’t know your sign in information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it. We also will be accepting phone call reserves for those of you who don’t use the internet at 453-2366.
- When you find what you want, click on the holds button.
- We will pull the items for you and check them out. They will be available on a shelf outside our side door. Please come as soon as you can to get the items because they are somewhat exposed to the weather—books don’t like rain!
- YOU MAY NOW RETURN BOOKS! Please place books in the grey return boxes, one on the front porch and one on the back. We will quarantine the books for 1 week before we check them back into the circulation system.
If you want to see new items look on our website under online resources, new at the library. We are happy to be back!
Announcing the National Emergency Library, a collection of books that supports emergency remote teaching, research activities, independent scholarship, and intellectual stimulation while universities, schools, training centers, and libraries are closed.
The Vermont Online Library (VOL) offers a wide array of electronic databases on a variety of topics for all age and interest levels. These resources are available onlineand the information is produced by known and trusted sources..
Universal Class Learn something new today! Over 500 online non-credit Continuing Education Courses.
Listen Up Vermont downloadable audio and Ebooks
Downloadable audiobooks may be listened to on your computer or transferred to your MP3 Player or iPod. You can also download ebooks to your reader. Enter your library card number to get started. Please call us at 453-2366 if you do not know your number.